It may not feel like it, but Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie does not premiere until next March, in 2016. The struggle to see this movie, however, is so real and the latest Batman vs. Superman movie trailer that debuted during this year’s San Diego Comic-Con does not help matters much for those who anxiously await the film’s arrival. You may be a Batman enthusiast or a movie lover with a penchant for seeing Henry Cavill in tights. Either way, the journey to one of next year’s most anticipated comic book movies continues to be a fascinating, priceless ride, and the Batman vs. Superman latest trailer raises all kinds of thoughts and questions in my brain. Here are some of them:
Holly Hunter is in this movie? She can do no wrong. Seeing her makes me think of “Thirteen”, which was one of her best movies. In fact, it’s one of my favorite movies to have the pleasure of viewing ever in this life. However, hearing her voice and her image in the first scene of this trailer feels 80 percent right, 20 percent wrong.
“That kind of power is very dangerous.” Yes, there are all kinds of “with great power comes great responsibility” Spiderman vibes in the first two minutes of this trailer.
Henry Cavill is still giving us the emo-Superman I’ve come to adore.
Ben Affleck is portraying an older, weathered, slight grey-haired Batman. I like this! It’s still odd to see him emote behind the bat mask, but then again every actor who has donned the batsuit seems to disappear into a being I no longer can identify.
Yup, this movie is going to be dark. The cinematography, the tone, the message. Bleak, just like The Dark Knight Trilogy.
Amy Adams! Jeremy Irons! Laurence Fishburne! Gravitas!
“Nobody cares about Clark Kent taking on The Batman.” True, because even though I’m more than ready to see this movie, what is the true purpose of Superman versus Batman? There can be more than one superhero for everyone, right? Don’t they both have bigger villains to defeat, such as Lex Luthor perhaps?
Where is Ezra Miller? I would like to see The Flash now, please. Or did I miss him?
Gal Gadot! I’m so glad she has been cast as Wonder Woman for this movie. I can think of other actresses who could have been cast in this part for Zack Snyder’s vision, but seeing Gadot in action just wiped those thoughts from memory. She will slay in this role.
I was not into Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor in this trailer, until he said “The red capes are coming.” Now, I’m all in.
That last scene! Who will win?
Now, I really can’t wait for Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. I am about 90 percent sold on Ben Affleck’s bitter Batman stance. The other 10 percent of me is trying hard not to focus on his personal life.